JSI’s TA4SI project offers Pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) materials and references for MDPH BIDLS-funded agencies offering PrEP services. TA4SI supports providers to develop comprehensive, integrated services for people who are considering or already taking PrEP to reduce their risk of acquiring HIV.
PrEP Resource Catalog
TA4SI’s PrEP resource catalog is for agencies that are new to implementing PrEP services, as well as agencies who are looking to strengthen existing PrEP services.
Explore the PrEP Resource Catalog to access the full list of resources. Then use the search feature on that page to view fact sheets, job aids, webinars, and more.
2023 PrEP Webinar Series: Oral and Injectable PrEP
In April – June of 2023, the TA4SI PrEP team is hosting a webinar series for BIDLS-funded providers with a focus on injectable PrEP and oral PrEP. Session activities include presentations from guest subject matter experts and questions, and discussion opportunities. The topics for each session are:
- Understanding Injectable PrEP and Oral PrEP
- PrEP Financing and Payment
- PrEP Decision-Making: Client and Provider Communication
- Integrating PrEP Into Clinical, Non-Clinical, and Inter-agency Workflows
Spotlight: New resource developed by TA4SI!
This resource shares plain language messaging and considerations that can help SSP staff have conversations with clients about pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP).
New to implementing PrEP services in your agency? Start with these featured resources!
- TAKING PrEP– A Daily Pill to Reduce Your Risk of Getting HIV (CDC)
- PrEP Action Kit (National LGBTQIA+ Health Education Center/ Fenway Institute)
- Care that Fits You (BIDLS/MDPH)
- Prescribe PrEP FAQs for the health care professional (CDC)
- PleasePrEPme PrEP Navigation Training
- HealthHIV’s HIV Prevention Certified Provider program
2021 PrEP Group Learning Series
In early 2021, TA4SI PrEP team hosted a series of Group TA Learning Sessions for BIDLS-funded providers with a focus on PrEP implementation and service improvements. Session activities included panel discussions and breakout sessions. The topics for each session were:
- Staff Awareness and Knowledge of PrEP
- Access to PrEP Services
- Initiation of PrEP
- PrEP Adherence and Retention into PrEP care